Estate Planning Services

Court of Protection
We can assist in making applications to the Court of Protection for various matters from the appointment of a Deputy to making a Statutory Will for someone who has lost capacity.
If you, a loved one or someone you know loses capacity and does not have a valid Enduring Power of Attorney or Lasting Power of Attorney in place and decisions need to be made about property and affairs or health and welfare then an application has to be made to the Court of Protection to have a Deputy appointed.
This is a time consuming and costly process. It can also become incredibly frustrating as no one can have access to finances or assets until the Deputyship Order is granted, which usually takes a minimum of 6 months.
If you think a Deputyship Order is needed for someone you know, please contact us and we will talk you through the process.
The Court of Protection deals with a number of different matters for those who lack the capacity to make decisions for themselves including making a Will for someone who does not have one in place.
If you know of a friend or loved one who lacks capacity and who does not have a Will in place, an application can be made to the Court of Protection to have a Statutory Will prepared.
Please contact us to discuss the procedure involved in making an application to the Court of Protection.